December 9, 2010

Now what?

OK, so I finally started a blog - now what?  It's interesting to me that as polarizing as my opinions can be, my friends have suggested I share more of them.  I guess it's a compliment, one I'm sure will get me into hot water more often than not.  Regardless, I'm jumping feet first (because why on earth would I look before I leap?) into this, knowing full well what could happen.  But hey...so do you and most of you ASKED for it!  So, let's head down this path together and see where it leads.  Expect nothing but (brutal) honesty from me and please don't be surprised when I speak my mind because:  That's.What.I.Do.

I've chosen the generic template for two reaons: 1) I'm lazy and 2) It's a window, and I like the idea of it being a window to my view of the world.  Sometimes it will be a windshield when I bitch about driving (or people's lack of ability to do so well).  Either way, peek in once in a while and see what I see.  I can promise you it's rarely boring.  Expect honest opinions, rants, observations on the entitlement generation, and possibly an occasional post about something I actually like.  Feel free to vent right along with me, and do me a favor?  Don't lurk: participate in the conversation.  I find that many times most of us agree about an opinion I have the guts to express.  I want to hear what you think, not just see a wink and a smile or a "like."  This is the place to be honest, and it might even get ugly sometimes, but in the end we will all learn from each other's various positions and opinions.  Life would certainly be boring if we always agreed.

There is one other thing - this full time student business I have going on.  It takes time, lots and lots of time...so sometimes I will disappear but I will always be thinking some sort of mischief up for us to discuss.  And on that note, it is finals week and I need to get busy.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Willowbrook Mom said...

As a blogger myself, I realize how much the comments mean. It is hard to write something and then just send it out there into the great unknown. Comments make you feel like people are listening. Good for you for encouraging people not to lurk. Good luck! I look forward to reading more!

Post a Comment